We arrived around 1030 and got to see the mens 100m heats. Including the world record holder (Jamaica's Asafa Powell) He was quite funny as in the first heat he took off and then must have thought oooh too far ahead as you could see him slow down at around the 50m mark. In his next heat he didn't slow down until 75m. But both times he still cruised home. I think it will be great tonight as I am going to the evening session with a friend and will get to see him at his fastest (hopefully). Anyway back to yesterday, the roar of the crowd when they are getting behind the aussies was deafening. The atmosphere was electric and seeing an aussie girl come home first in the marathon was magic and the total effort of the 7th place aussie girl who fought her hardest to reach the line. And to see her presented with her medal and stand with her for the national anthem (there is nothing like it to bring out the pride of being an aussie!!) then to have her make a comment like this ....
"I came up to the stadium thinking, 'Silver's pretty darn good. I'd be happy with silver'," said McCann.
"I came through the tunnel and heard the crowd roar. That wasn't me running that last 300 metres."
and knowing I was part of that crowd :-)
and to top off a fantastic day, I got to meet and speak to Steve Moneghetti. Which for me was pretty exciting!
The kids were good and behaved and I was fast asleep before 10 last night because of exhaustion LOL
Really looking forward to tonight too :-)
1 comment:
Sounds like an awesome day Sam! I am so very jealous!!!
Post a Comment