Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Another Fantastic Night

Oh my ........

Yes a brilliant night.

The women's hammer throw gold medallist is from Adelaide and her sister works with my mum - so to see her not only win gold but break the commonwealth record was special.
And to see the EAD 100m womens race - Katrina Webb was at the same school as me in my high school years! So they were a couple highlights for me.
Seeing the 5000m was fantastic and Craig Mottram being a victorian the crowd were going crazy. And the guy who was lapped and got huge cheers when he crossed the line.

The mens shotput final with the guy from the ad on tv..... one with ballerina's (who they are advertising escapes my memory right now though)
The 100m mens and womens - wow they are fast although I still think Asafa Powell still slowed down before the end of his race

The commentator who was comical.... the atmosphere and the mexican waves and and and
At one point they had to ask the crowd to be quiet, and then at the start of the next race the commentator just goes Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(was really quite funny at the time )

it's really great to be a part of, I am so glad I managed to get there.

I am now also going to the gymnastics on saturday with a friend as her sister can't go and has offered me her ticket

3 comments:

Kylie said...

SAM!yousausage!thankyouverymuchformyRAKigotitthismorningiloveityourockmysocks. yes, i do have a space bar but im excited!

thankyouuuuuu!
*hugs*

fleurie said...

very lucky....i really wanted to go.....I bet the atmosphere was amazing

Megan said...

Sam how awesome that you got to go to the games!!! I am so jealous - yet so pleased for you all at once :-)

What a huge buzz it must have been!

Megan xx

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...