Wednesday, January 02, 2013

2013

It's here already. Ok time to give this blog some more attention. Wonder how long that will last!!

My word for 2013 I have decided is going to be HEALTH

1. Mental Health
2. Physical Health

My mental health is not where is should or could be. I attribute at least part of this to the working environment and the way it has been over the last few months. It needs to change and I need to leave it behind when I go home. I also need to get back into a less negative mindset. Bubble myself and not absorb external negativity. Oils, Crystals and Meditation were all a big part of my life and have fallen off with my lack of time. I need to change this attitude and start making time. Me time where I am not on this computer :P - My star sign on New Years Day (I don't follow these but found this point appropriate for me,)
told me it is time to start being true to myself and learning who I am.

My physical health has also taken a major beating - My doctor told me (many many times) that because of my gestational diabetes and the Genetic history that I need to be careful and look after my health or I am bound to end up type 2 diabetic. Well.... I got a shock when I started checking my BSL's and was getting fasting levels of 10 and then tests of 18 2 hours after eating on a fairly constant basis. I have start looking at the GI levels of everything again. I want to manage this with diet the same as I did when I had gestational diabetes. Not that I have been diagnosed ... last test with the doctor I was informed they needed to keep a close eye on me. That was about 6 months or more ago. Thinking it might not hurt to get another check.
My major things I need to concentrate on is weight (never ever been this heavy even when pregnant) and exercise. If I concentrate on a low GI diet that will certainly help in both weight loss and BSL's.

This is going to be a big year in alot of ways. Brad is going into grade 5 and we have to start looking into high schools for him for year 7. I feel like it is such a huge decision.
Sian is going into grade 3 and camp for the first time this year.
I have my 40th to look forward to (hmm)
it's been 10 years since Gareth & I moved to Melbourne.
Our best friends and their family are moving to a new suburb (only 30mins away) but it just won't be the same even though I will see her often I am sure.
Alot of the school mums I am friends with are going back to work or taking on full time work.

So many changes to be seen. But we need to roll with them and make the best of the circumstances. Meet the challenges head on and defeat them.

So 2013 - I am ready

1 comment:

jaki said...

Hi Sam :)
Looking forward to catching up with your blog again, you will certainly have lots to post about with such a big year!!
I hope you can get your BSL under control, it will be a big incentive for you to eat well and exercise, sometimes we need something like that to give us the shove we need.
Sian's room looks great, I found no matter how much I nagged Olivia wasn't able to keep her room tidy herself under 10-11. Now at 12 she takes great pride in it and I rarely need to say anything. So there is light at the end of the tunnel even if it is still a few years away :)
Hugs. J.xx

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...