Saturday, June 16, 2007

This week was a quiet one for us and I think that was helped by the fact we had a public holiday on Monday!! :-D
It was grandparents/or special person day at Brad's kinder on Thursday. Our friend Jenni and her little ones came along as special people for Brad as Mum and Dad were not able to make it ;) (a little far to come really) But we did get photos of them at kinder with Brad when they were here in May :-D He had a ball right up until he hurt his nose :( poor little guy I heard hime screaming and thought here he comes I will give him a cuddle and he will be on his way. Nope! He had tripped over (I think) but whacked his nose onto a wooden plank and he had blood everywhere. I thought I stayed pretty calm. (I felt like I was freaking out on the inside though) We stopped the bleeding after about 10 minutes and he had calmed down by then. It's not broken but a little bruised and sore. No black eyes either which is a relief. Didn't help though that the next day while lying down watching telly, Sian decided to give him another good old whack in the nose :( Didn't bleed this time and he settled after about 2 minutes.
Gareth came home mighty annoyed with work the other night. I don't blame him as they once again sprung a migration on him at the last minute and he had to work from home that night to make sure it was ready for the next day. oh well, at least it didn't take him too long I guess. He is working the next 2 Saturdays as well, so I am glad I am having a break tomorrow :-D
Gareth and Brad have met some friends at soccer. So coincidental that he comes from the same area as Gareth grew up in the UK. We haven't met his wife and other son yet, but I am sure we will down the track. They (Peter and Sam) came over today and pretty well spent the whole day here, but the guys loved it! He has offered to take Brad to soccer for us for the next 2 weeks so thats fantastic :-D It means Gareth can take the car to work instead of catching the train at 630am

We went to our friends house last night for dinner to celebrate Peter's birthday (different Peter to the one above :-D )and had mongolian take away. It was delicious and I definately think I will go there again. (the chef there is Alex from the Biggest Loser, nice guy really, quite funny that he always seems to manage to slip in some reference to TBL when chatting though :-D
Kerryn and I are off to an all day crop at Scrappy Hollow tomorrow and catching up with some girls we went on retreat with as well. It should be a great day. I am hoping to finish off my monthly challenges from OSS .... Speaking of OSS I am so excited! I paid my deposit for the retreat on Thursday night. It now feels so much more real and I can't wait!! Next step is to book my flights and then pay the balance
woohoo!!
Thats about it from me until next time :-D Take Care

Some photos to share







LO's I have done
This one is for the Book of Us at Bon's scraps



This one is for the June 123 Monthly Challenge



and this one for the monthly challenge at Bon's

1 comment:

bon said...

gorgeous photos, i really love the icecream one, so cute! Love your LOs.. and poor little brads nose. I hope he's feeling better soon. Horrible when inside you feel like you're freaking out, something similar happened to me at the supermarket with dylan :(

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...