Sunday, June 10, 2007

my how the weeks are flying!!! The last week has been filled with appointments.
On Tuesday we had Sian's dentist appointment and at that point in time she was missing 2 teeth. She is now just missing the one (I can't believe how late that eye tooth has come through!!!) but it is highly likely she is missing the same adult teeth as Brad is :( Her teeth are looking good, we have to get her to brush 3 times a day as her molars have deep crevices and for protection and to avoid fillings we have been told to be overly cautious.
Wednesday came her hearing test and we have been told she has a significant hearing loss in her left ear, however the good news is that they expect full hearing to return after she has the tube put in her ear (again, the first one got blocked up with the muck from in her ear just days after the op :-(
Thursday was back to see the ENT speciallist with the results and have been told that he would prefer she didn't have another general anaesthetic, but he felt it very important that she has the tube redone sooner rather than later, so we are now on the list to go back in and it could be short notice this time. If this one doesn't work then I think he is going to wait until she is 5. Apparently the hospital was supposed to give us a follow up appointment last time 24 -48 hours after the op to have the tube checked on. But no one told us that or made an appointment. I am actually hoping that this time she has the op on a tuesday or wednesday again so that we can just go and see the ENT speciallist at Taralye instead of going back to the hospital. He is a fantastic doctor. Shame we don't have the private health cover so that he could do the op for us :( never mind

We have brought in a new routine for the kids and it seems to be working well so far. I have changed their eating time to 5pm and then we all sit down together from about 645 - 730 to watch some tv and then it is bedtime and they are both going to bed without arguments and they are sleeping really really well. Most days their behaviour has been fantastic too. I am hoping this is going to be an ongoing success.

I spent a few hours out in the garden today and I am feeling it already. *LOL* But it does look better, there is a heap still to do yet though. I think I will be back out there tomorrow provided the weather stays ok.

These are the Layouts I did for Bon's CC (growing up is a scraplift of a Layout of Sara's (Sbee)


and this card for the sketch challenge over at OSS

6 comments:

Melanie H said...

I hope the operation goes well and Sian has a speedy recovery.

bon said...

yes, wishing sian a speedy recovery.
loving your LOs and your card is just gorgeous :)

fleurie said...

hi sam..hope the bed routine keeps working for you...
Love your latest LO's - awesome

Narelle Pearce aka Sassyscrap said...

Hi Sam

Added you to my Blog site hope that's ok, love your LO's and hope Sian is well.

jaki said...

More gorgeous LOs Sam :)
Fingers crossed that the new routine works for you all...kids grow and change so quickly that the need for a new routine is there long before we realise it...I think sometimes it takes some tough times for us to realise it and make the change. You sound like you have it under control though. Hugs :)

Ann Lederhose said...

Sam, your LOs are looking fabulous!

Hope Sian gets her ears sorted out soon. Glad that your new routine is working out for you :)

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...