Yesterday started out as an ok sort of day... had the glass guy coming in the afternoon to repair our window and so I had planned to do some cleaning and general house stuff. Well that was all about to change in a hurry when I finished putting on a load of washing and thought hmmm kids are quiet... sure enough they were up to mischief :( They had gotten into my bedroom for the 2nd time (after already getting into trouble earlier for being in there!!) I once again told them off and sent them out of the room, that is when I realised my pill packet had been opened and was lying on the floor, my heart leapt into my mouth when I realised there were a heap of tablets missing!! Racing out to ask Brad wether he had eaten them he said... No I just got them out.... Sian did though... Far out!! I rang the doctor who talked to me for 5 minutes and explained the side effects and that she would be ok, nothing too extreme apart from some nausea and diarrhea and possibly vomiting, They won't need to pump her stomach but because she is only 2 take her to the hospital so they can monitor her for awhile. So after a panicked call to Gareth off we went to the hospital. Well after seeing the nurse and then sitting to wait I knew Sian had filled her nappy, so I went off to change her to find out the Doc had certainly been right about the diarrhea *ewwwwwwwwwww* sorry - We got her a gown to put on as everything else was covered. About an hour later the doc from paediatrics came in to tell us we could go home and the same thing that my doctor had told me. It was a huge relief, but a very scary day. We made a trip to the hardware store and now have a LOCK on the bedroom door, so if they get in again now I will start calling them houdini!! I am just thankful that all our medicinal stuff (apart from my pill :( ) is up very high. So that was my dramatic Wednesday, I am just glad today was a better one.
Please join me in sending lots of positive vibes and good thoughts toRachie's DD who had a bit of a heart scare yesterday :( Hope they get to the bottom of it really soon.
and a big *Get Well Soon* to Kerryn who has been really sick for the last week. Take Care and talk to you soon. Been really strange not talking to you this week :(
The Craft Attic have a Cyber Crop on this weekend, so I hope to get some scrapping done. My boys (DH & DS) are off to watch Melbourne Victory (soccer) play on Sunday evening. DH is so excited as this will be the first game he has been to here in Aus and the very first one he gets to take his son to. Very proud moment for him :-D
I hope everyone has a good weekend!!
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Intention Inspired - Day 1
TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...
-
I can't belive I won Scrapjacked this month!! I think my jaw hit the ground when I read it and even now at the slightest mention I have...
-
Well my first week off went well apart from me getting a little burnt at the park and feeling very unwell for a few hours. Silly me!! We wen...
-
Not myself giving it away... but Bon is celebrating her 100th post :D Bon's Scraps Bon's Blog to be eligible for the random draw, al...
4 comments:
SO so glad Sian is ok
and thank you xxxx
It's amazing how a normal day can change so quickly isn't it.
I am so happy Sian is ok.
Wishing you a happy and safe week end. Take care and keep smiling:)
Little miss Sian little bugger!!! :)Glad she is ok. Thanks for the get well. feeling about 90% I just need energy. Yep been strange not talking and the strange thing would think should call sam oh my mouth sore hurts to talk :)
Wow Sam..that is so scary. I'm so glad Sian is OK. Aren't they little buggers into everything??
Sorry to hear you couldn't be with your dad for his birthday but the LO looks great!!
Take Care
Sharryn :)
Post a Comment