Wednesday we set off to kinder and I thought I would have a word to Brad's teacher about how he is going and she mentioned he hasn't been his normal self, but very insecure and overly emotional :( and she was going to ask me about what is happening that might have upset him. This was a little bit of a shock to me and after a comment Brad had made to me the day before this knocked me off kilter and I had a bit of a meltdown and spent the night a blubbering mess :( Thanks to my gorgeous DH for helping me through that little episode :) But I woke with a new determination on Thursday morning that things were going to change... and *touch wood* things so far have gone a lot better.
Thursday we went to the shop and then spent some time in the local park, before going to a friends house so our kids could have a play... The day went well and Brad stayed in his own bed all night for the first time in months. :D
Friday off to kinder and after a bit of a chat to him I left... On collecting Brad I had another conversation with his teacher to find he had a fantastic day with no tears and seemed like his 'old' self again... fantastic!!
Friday night we went out to dinner with a group from Gareth's work and we all had a ball... they are a great bunch and all have kids around the same sort of age. This is the 2nd get together with this group that we have been to. There is another one planned for October and then we are going away with them camping in January to Venus Bay :D ... anyway back to it... Friday night and night 2 of Brad staying in his own bed all night :D
Saturday we went off to swimming and then spent some time wandering around a shopping centre and trying to find stuff for Sian's birthday on Saturday coming. After a few hours and both kids (and a mummy and daddy) were ready to head home. We then proceeded to play some xbox games as a family, which was kind of fun. Gareth cooked a roast turkey dinner (Xmas in July style) and we then made some popcorn and sat down to watch Tarzan2 together.... the kids then went off to bed without argument and Brad has now spent 3 whole nights in his own bed WOOHOO!!
Today we have had another nice family day :) I went to the gym this morning and then we went to visit our friends and have some dinner, it was a great afternoon and I got asked to be a god mother to their little man, which is an honour :D I now have 2 god son's both named Jack (Jackson and Jaxson) LOL
ok welll that is me up to date for another few days at least :D Some photos of my gorgeous kids to close


5 comments:
Wonderful photos of your kids, they look adorable.
Well done to Brad for sleeping in his own bed.
I know what a drama that can be as my daughter sometimes goes through stages of having bad dreams and she then wants to sleep with us too.
Have a great week and take care:)
Sam..did you find out what it was that was troubling Brad in the first place? This time of their little lives can be so demanding can't it? I'm sure he'll be fine though.
Your pics of the kids are adorable. :)
By the way...your RAK will be on it's way soon..I kept forgetting to buy the envelope..DER! I hope you like it!
Cheers
Sharryn :)
P.S Thanks for the tag..LOL..off to complete it now.
Glad things are looking up Sam, kids sure make you experience the full range of emotions!
hi sam..gorgeous pics...glad you could make it to the KK get together...cant wait for next months
Ahhh, look at her..how cute is she!!
Post a Comment