Monday, May 15, 2006

Dentist - Mothers Day and Things

Well, last week was a trip to the dentist for myself and Brad.... I was quite stressed at how Brad was going to go with his first ever filling. But I must say I am just so proud at how brave he was. He did scream a bit at the needle, and was upset that his lip went to sleep. But he let the dentist drill and fill without too many problems, there was a little bribery happening, but still for a 4 yo I think he did really well. The dentist informed us that Brad has 6 of his adult teeth missing :( and that the decision will be made later as to whether he has braces to bring them closer together or whether they put spacers in to keep them apart and then put in false teeth via bridges. But that won't be until his adult teeth start to appear.
I then had my turn in the chair.. and after stressing about Brad and not getting lunch before we went, I started to get extremely light headed when I was given the needle, I was informed by the dentist that I was experiencing a fainting spell and that if he sat me up then I would pass out (great!!) he then went off to hunt for some sugar and his funny quip about a ploy to get more fillings out of me LOL.
But after I began to feel normal again all went well, but I am back there again this Wednesday for and hour appointment (EWWW)!
Mother's Day for me began on Friday at Brad's kinder. It was a fabulous day with the mum's joining in snack time and getting lovely scones with jam and cream to go with our coffee. We then went outside while they played and came back in to sit on the mat for story time...... The book was called 'The Kinder Hat' things started to fall into place as the story went on as Brad had been telling me all about a hat he had made for me :)
So yes at the end of the story we were all presented with a lovely kinder hat (decorated ice cream container) that our little ones had made :) along with a gorgeous decorated wooden box that had a picture of Brad and myself inside. On our way out we all had a turn at having our picture taken with our hats on :) It was fun!!
Saturday we were at a friends place for their son's birthday and then a night of gaming, which was rather fun I must say.
Sunday started magnificently (despite me having lost my voice)with me getting to lie in and read for awhile. Then in came Sian and Brad to present me with the pressies they had made for me at creche. a lovely decorated magnet from Sian and a decorated plaque from Brad along with some home made cards :) - then out to a lovely cooked breakfast by Gareth, this alone had made my day but then to add to it I was given my new cordless phones and Breville juicer! I was truly spoiled in every way.
After lunch however came the dreaded task of having to tidy and clean up so that I could steam clean the carpets ready for when our Real Estate Agent comes around on Tuesday :( - She is coming with a tradie to check out the cracks so they can report back to the owner and decide what to do. I am guessing though as it has been nearly 12 months since our last inspection that she will do one while she is here. (I Hate inspections!!) The house is clean and tidy, so not many worries there, however our gardens have been a little neglected these last few weeks, and with me not being well and the wet weekend it still didn't get done so I am expecting a lecture on that too. The first ever inspection we had we got told off about the gardens and since then it has been kept up to scratch. Until now!
Oh well, we will see what happens I guess.

And that's about my week in a nutshell! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your real estate inspection (hassles of renting eh) and good luck with your other dental appointment (be brave).

Well done to your son for being so brave, that's great.

Nice to hear you got spoilt for Mother's Day, you scored well.

Have a great week and take care :)

Megan said...

Hi Sam!!

Oh you poor thing, having to go through all that dentist stuff. Brad is one brave little soldier isn't he? Well done to you too, as it's not an easy thing to go through.

Megan xx

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...