Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Farewell buddy

Back in about 1993 (I think) I was out looking at garage sales with my mum on a Saturday morning. One house we went to had pups for sale. There was this one little guythat grabbed my attention straight away and I decided I would take him home with me. He was just so cute! Well he was a bit of a ratbag growing up ... jumping a 6' fence in a single bound ... maybe we should have called him superdog! We didn't however, we called him Sole. He was with me until my marriage fell apart in 2000 and then he went to live with my mum and dad while I went overseas on a 4 week holiday, I think it was about then really that he became their dog, they had adopted him and he got along well with his adopted brother Max (Mum and Dad's other dog) So I guess he had a fair old life ... not as good as it probably should have been in the earlier years, with him not getting as much attention as he deserved. all that changed when he moved in with mum and dad though, he got the attention he needed and deserved. But 15 years is along time and he was getting old, every time we visited Mum and Dad's I wondered if it would be the last time I saw him. Well October's visit was the last one. At least he is at rest now and not suffering old age. Rest in Peace solly dog!









4 comments:

jaki said...

Oh Sam! I LOVE that last photo!
That is one well loved bed :)

HUGS!!
J.xx

Petrina McDonald said...

RIP Sole :(

Petrina McDonald said...

Hey Sam - check out your little win on my chippy blog ;-)

Melissa said...

What a neautiful face your Darling dog had Sam....he looks like he had a very happy life with you all.

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...