Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Happy Anniversary and a weekend away!!

Happy 7th Wedding Anniversary for yesterday to my DH :)




We went away with our good friends to Mildura for the Melbourne Cup weekend. For the last few years we have gone away with them camping. It's becoming a great tradition and I have to say a great one at that... the thing that makes me laugh is this

2 years ago at Silvan Reservoir



Last year in the Grampians




This year at Mildura .... I think we should hire ourselves out on Cup Weekend in coming years as the rain makers!!!



Due to my lack of sleep, (thanks to a snoring hubby and kids that didn't want to sleep) I had bouts of grumpiness (but hey whats new!!) I don't think they lasted too long! It was a fantastic weekend. A big thanks to Pete's parents for feeding us for lunch and dinner.
We visited NSW, took a drive to where the Murray and Darling rivers meet.







The kids took a paddle ... wellll supposed to be a paddle in the Murray down at the sandbank in Apex Park.





We drank wine which I must say I really like (Moscato, Brown Brothers is definately best) the kids played really well for most of the weekend with very few disagreements. We were planning on visiting an old homestead, but didn't manage to get there this time (good excuse to go back sometime I think!) and on the way out we stopped to look at Big Lizzie, which I found fascinating... more than the kids did I think.












A stop at charleton for tea and then home to Melbourne last night.





We all crashed and thankfully Sian fell asleep about an hour from home and stayed asleep!! I was dreading she would be awake most of the night because she slept so much in the car. No one stirred until after 8am this morning :) ahhh bliss. Unfortunately Gareth is in at work today, so the kids and I are amusing ourselves at home. But it is nice to not have to do much today.

my attempt at a self portrait!

1 comment:

jaki said...

Yay! good to have you back Sam :)

Sounds like a good weekend away...can't believe it rained again though!!

Love your self portrait!

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...