Friday, October 19, 2007

Home again

and I am so glad that I went!! The most gorgeous group of ladies. I had a wonderful time, I really am glad I made the trip to Brisbane and it's one that I plan on making again (and again lol)
I met most of the people that I chat to over at OSS and they are just as wonderful IRL as they are online. There were stories being told that made me laugh harder than I have in a long time and some that made me cry. The food was abundant and delicious and I didn't eat on Tuesday night as I think I was still way too full from the weekend LOL
I was inspired by the make and takes, challenged by the challenges and enjoyed being able to just scrap .. although I was a little slow on getting started ... I did get 3 LO's a canvas and some cards made. Which isn't too bad for me.
I also learned how to make really cool flowers some from silk and chipboard and others from punched PP/CS, .... I missed out on the french knots though ;) next time J :D (thanks to the DT for all the M&T's)

On the Sunday night we went out to dinner with some lovely ladies that didn't make it to the retreat and it was great :-D I am just embarrassed that I yawned so much during the meal though :( sorry ladies.
Monday was a wind down and relax day with a few of the girls and I know that the friendships formed will be ones that I will treasure forever.



5 comments:

Tammy said...

Doesn't she have a beautiful smile, when shes not pulling her camera face ;) LOL

jaki said...

It was a fantastic weekend wasn't it Sam :)
I'm so glad you came too, thankgoodness for Gareth knowing exactly the right thing to say to you at the airport!!
I loved spending Monday with you and I already can't wait for next year knowing that you will come back up again.
Sorry about the french knots, I'm hopeless!!

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to meet you Sam, and spend some time with you. You are truly a lovely person and I look forward to meeting up wityh you again.

bon said...

So glad that you had a good time at the retreat :)
gorgeous LO's as always.

Anonymous said...

Sam sounds like you had a wonderful time :)

Gorgeous projects too ;)

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...