Sunday, November 26, 2006

warning - sad post!

It's a bit of a low point in the year for me. It's 9 years ago on Wednesday coming that I lost my darling little boy, I really don't know where the years have gone. I thought I was beginning to deal with it better, but then this year it has hit me like a ton of bricks, alot worse than the last couple of years. I look at my 2 little angels that I have and am so thankful I have them. One day when they are old enough to understand I hope to tell them about their big brother. I am so lucky to have a great family and some wonderful friends around me. My friend's hairdresser also lost a baby awhile ago and she is looking into getting some counselling and I am starting to think that maybe it might be a good idea for me as well. I never had any at the time. It was offered, but I felt that I didn't need it, I don't think that my ex husband helped in that regard either. But I look up at the stars and know one of them is my little man. Dylan James 29/11/97


A slightly happier topic, I got 3 LO's done this weekend!! :)
I joined in Cyber Crops at The Craft Attic


and
Zig Zag

This one also (on purpose) fits Lesa's sketch challenge over at One Stop Scrapping I thought I might try and kill 2 birds with one stone LOL

There is another Cyber Crop on this weekend as well, starting tonight and running until Wednesday night over at Bon's Scraps

Oh well I hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Hugs to you Sam.
If you can babe get some counselling, I don't imagine that the pain of losing a child would ever go away but perhaps some counselling could give you some constructive ideas of ways to channel, use it or view it in a different light. Perhaps ?
Tears in my eyes and pain in my heart for your loss. T x

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam,

I don't really know what to say other than - do what you need to do for you. If you need to talk to someone, do it, because you owe it to yourself. I can't imagine how hard things must be for you, just hope you somehow feel better soon

xxxxxx

Ann Lederhose said...

Oh Sam, Big hugs to you girl. Can't even begin to imagine what you have been through. Counselling is a great idea, as you say you are still struggling with this so you do what you need to. So sad for you. Lots of hugs

Annxx

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Sam, what a strong woman you are.
xxxx

Sharryn Thomson said...

Hey chickadee,
Sorry to hear you are feeling so sad and counselling sounds good for you at the moment.
No matter how many years go by it will always seem like yesterday.
Hope your pain subsides a bit soon.
Sharryn
xxx

Lea Adcock said...

Sam, Thinking of you as I look up at the stars here and sending a wish that you get my cyber love and hugs.((((()))))xoxoxoxox
You are special mum, a great mum.
And your little Angel will be proud of you and loves you very much. xoxoxox Lea

Crissy Gaylor said...

I am sure he is looking over you and his siblings and making sure you are all safe. :) *hugs*

fleurie said...

big HUGS Sam...thinking of you

You're layouts are gorgeous...you sure did get some layouts done - woo hoo!

and just to cheer you up a 'little' check out my blog...cos you are a winner....

xxooo

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Sam I had no idea. How terribly brave you are I don't know how any mother copes with such a thing!
Huge HUGS to you my friend & I too think that if you need someone to talk to to help you with it all go for it. It can't do any harm after all.
I have tears streaming down my face that song is just so beautiful.
Thinking of you & wishing you all the happiness you deserve.

Sandi :)

Brendy xx said...

Sending BIG {{{{HUGS}}}} to you Sam, I am so sorry to hear this and it is understandable that it still hurts years later. Thinking of you.....
Brenda xxx

jaki said...

Sam, sorry I haven't checked in on you for a while.
Sending you {{hugs}} at this sad time and thinking of you!!

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...