I found out that Brad has missed out on a 4yo kinder placement (1st round) where he is going for 3yo kinder. He still may get in on second round, but we went to check out the kinder he will be going to if he misses out and I must say it is quite good. There are some things that are better than the current kinder, but there are 2 factors that I think given the choice I would choose the one he is at now. 1. The hours and 2. They have a better music and dance program. But I am no longer stressed as I know either kinder will be great for him for different reasons. :)
Mum and Dad came to spend the week and that was so awesome I really miss them alot :)
We had a great week, but they went home this morning and as usual I have had a sad day. Brad woke this morning after they had gone and was a little sad as well. Poor kids miss them as much as I do I think!
Gareth applied for his Citizenship :D
We went into the city on Sunday to take a trip on the 'tourist shuttle bus' thinking it could be a good way to see some of the touristy things with mum and dad LOL yeah right! What a day that turned into. We still had an ok day but.....
below is an excerpt from an email Gareth wrote to the Mayor, which pretty much sums it up
As we approached Exhibition Street, we saw one of the new buses go past, but we were not downhearted, as we'd read that there is a bus approximately every 15 minutes.
Just as we arrived at the bus stop on Exhibition Street, not 5 minutes after seeing the first bus, a second bus whizzed past us at speed. None of our party had spotted the bus arriving as we were approaching the bus stop from the south, and the driver hadn't thought to stop in case we had wanted to board.
Again, we kept in mind that we'd read that the buses were due every 15 minutes, so we sat and waited.
And waited
And waited
And while we waited, more people arrived and joined the queue for the bus that was bound to arrive sometime soon, surely.
45 minutes after we arrived at the bus stop, a bus arrived. Full to capacity.
There I was, with my wife, two small children, and their grandparents, having waited over three times the amount of time we had expected to wait, to be presented with a bus with no room.
That was the final straw. The time was approaching 3pm, and we were aware that after 3pm the service is reduced (if that is possible). Angry and disappointed at having a family trip ruined, we returned home.
I am hoping to actually try and get some scrapping done this week, we have our monthly get together on Saturday with a group of Melbourne girls. It is always a fun day and I am looking forward to it.
Here are some pics from Sunday.
Or not ... blogger not playing the game, will add them another time :)
PS
A big thanks to Jaki for helping me work out the new header pic on my blog :)
2 comments:
Love your pictures Sam. Blogger wouldn't play nice with my pictures yesterday either Grrr
I have Jakis header instructions sitting and waiting too, now just to find the 'perfect' image.
Hey Sam :)
Good to see you blogging again girl..I've been missing your posts!
Wow..how fabo does your new blog look? I'd love to update my sig but have no idea on where to start..LOL
By the way..speaking of blogging...did you like the RAK I sent you? I can't remember you mentioning you got it and was just wondering 'tis all.
Sorry to hear you had a not so nice day out. Doesn't that suck?
Good on Gareth for sending the email though.
Take Care
Sharryn :)
Post a Comment