Thursday, August 24, 2006

240806

Been a busy week or so, I haven't been going to bed early enough, I have been grumpy and emotional :( I feel so sorry for Gareth and the kids who have been bearing the brunt of it. Then I get upset with myself for treating them badly and then when my little guy says I love you mummy on his way to bed it melts my heart and makes me realise that I need to be thankful I have some special people (big and little) in my life and I really need to get a grip and start acting thankful :(

Ok I got that out and onto other stuff.... Sian had her appointment with the Eye and Ear doctor at Taralye this morning and we have been informed that she does have to have grommets as they are not likely to get better by themselves. Apparently from what he has mentioned, it's possible that her ears have never cleared from birth and it could be amniotic fluid behind her ears. *shock* He suggested raising the head of the bed and making sure I use a decongestant when she get snuffly... When he went on to the consent forms and telling me what I was consenting to.. I mentioned that maybe with trying the other stuff (mentioned above) we won't need the operation. That's when he told me 'it's worth a shot, but it's almost a certainty that she will have grommets before christmas *big sigh* So we are on the list and have been informed it's about a 3 month wait, but that is fine as it's not a matter of urgency yet. My poor little bub. I have just gone through the anaesthetic with Brad and now I have to go through it again with Sian. It really hurts to see the kids go through operations. I pray that there are not too many more, (if any).

There are 2 Cyber crops on this weekend yay! maybe some more inspiration to be had!
One over at OSS that is running in conjunction with their monthly Pizza Scrap and the other (that I know about) is at The Craft Attic

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I finally finished the LO that I started before mum and dad came over nd I am really quite pleased with how it came out. I think I might submit it and see how I go. Not holding my breathe though. But in all honesty as much as I think it would be cool to be published, it's not a be all and end all for me, just a 'see if I can' Main thing is that I am pretty happy with LO's I have been doing lately. I have also started another one titled Grandad. I haven't got very far with it yet though.

Finally a photo of my dad that I think really captures him well and is the one I am using on above mentioned page

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Take Care
Sam
XX

7 comments:

jaki said...

WoW Sam!! Great photo of your Dad!

You know I love the airy rincess LO, definitely submit it...you have to be in it to win it, as they say.

See you Sat at the cyber crop...my Sam is bringing her laptop over so along with Tammy we will be keen to get scrapping (and chatting and eating those cyber tim tams!!)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a beautiful layout, your so clever. I'm excited to see some of your work finally. Thanks for sharing.

I hope everything goes ok for your daughter. I am sure she will be fine, the Dr's have lots of experience.

Enjoy the week end and take care:)

Ann Lederhose said...

Love the LO Sam. Your scrapping is reaching new heights and is looking fantastic! Definately submit it....its always worth a try!

Catch you at the OSS CC
:)

Anonymous said...

Well Sam Brodie had grommets put in his ears friday week ago and it is one of the best things we have done. Try and relax because apart from the terrible 10 minutes I had with him in recovery the rest was pretty smooth sailing.
It really isn't a big operation and they are only gone for about 15 - 20 minutes and that is it!!!!!

Email me if you have any questions?!?!?!

Great layout too.

SH are having a retreat but there are only 38 places so get in quick if you were interested :) they announced it last night at the crop and I think got 24 names down! WOW. It is March 30,31 & April 1 next year!!!!!
GO GO GO GO GO GO !!!!!!!!!! lol.

Sandi :)

Tammy said...

Hi Sam, One of my brothers had grommetts when we were kids and it really made a difference in our family. Though having said that i wouldn't like sitting with either of my babies through an operation no matter how short.
I agree with what Ann says about your scrapping these days ... actually mentioned it to Jaki on the weekend I see a style developing and thing your LO's have come a long way since you joined OSS. : )

Belinda Venables said...

Hey Sam...how exciting about the retreat! What fun...
Submit your LO's..there great!
Being published is nice, but not everything. Just getting a lovely comment on a blog or a site is reward enough.
xx

Kerryn said...

you know i love the photo of your dad and the grandad lo ashame they didn't want it.

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...