Wednesday, August 02, 2006

50 posts - Hospital and a Crop

Ok this is going to be a long one LOL
I didn't realise but My Baby Girl is 2 entry was my 50th woo hoo :) I know sad aren't I LOL

Well on friday night I went to a crop at Scrappy Hollow and had a great time and even managed to get a LO done!!
Unusual for me as I normally talk more than I scrap LOL - I Finally met the very lovely Sandi I think it's nearly 12 months since we first mentioned catching up :D We had a bit of a chat and I look forward to catching up again some time soon :)
On Monday Brad and I were off to the hospital to have his teeth fixed, I was soo proud of him, he was really brave. We arrived and got admitted to a room, it was only about 10 minutes until the anaethetist came in to ask questions and then the theatre nurse popped in. She came without her trolley as this tends to scare the littlies she told me. That was fine so we then marched (would have been hilarious site) all in a line down to the theatre :) Brad hopped up on the bed and he was wheeled into the theatre still being very brave, but kept looking at me for my reaction. (I am proud of me too as I stayed really strong and didn't sook while he was awake) On went the mask and he didn't fight it at all, 5 minutes later he was asleep (here I got a little teary but not too bad)and I was being ushered out while they did their thing. After awhile they came out to tell me that the filling that had been done in the chair by another dentist had to be removed and a root canal done as the nerve had died (I was not impressed with the other dentist at this point!) But it was better to have it fixed all in one go than having to go through it all again in a few months. So an hour and a half after he went in I was collected to sit with him in recovery while he woke up. We had a bit of stress when he decided he didn't want the drip in and kicked up a stink, but they gave him some nurofen and he settled down. The drip ran out and he informed the nurse 'it's finished take it out now!) She explained he needed to eat and drink first, which he promptly did and then said 'Finished - take it out now!) To Brad's joy she finally said yes :) Then it started I want to go home now mum - I said you can't yet honey, you need to wait a little while and this went on for the next hour, and then we went for a walk to find the nurse and say hello, couldn't find her, so we walked a second time and then I decided just to get him dressed and kill some more time. Thankfully she came in 5 minutes later and told him we could go now YAY!!
He was awarded a certificate of bravery, which I thought was fantastic as did he.
So we left hospital and went to the shop where he was allowed to buy a toy. He chose a remote control buggy/car that he has named 'Buddy' and it's alll over *sigh*
Until I got the bill today and it was an additional $770 on top of the $1600 already paid and the $450 yet to be paid *faint* so about $2700 all up OUCH!! and I now have to make sure we brush twice a day AND teach him how to floss (yeah right which me luck!!)
Hopefully though there will be no more huge dental bills for awhile!

If you made it to the end of this saga you deserve a pat on the back!!
Until next time Ciao

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed at how brave he was, no wonder your proud Sam. My daughter is 6 and she would have been crying a river and feeling very scared.

Ouch about the cost, that's dreadful isn't it. Nothing is cheap these days.

Keep an eye on your letterbox cause I know of a special package that is on its way to you. It might help cheer you up after this huge bill.

PS: I love the layout you did, the purple looks lovely and your daughter is so cute.

Sharryn Thomson said...

Wow...how brave is Brad? You tell him I said I'm very impressed with him and if it was me I'd be a big scaredy cat.
I think the bill for this little excursion would've hurt too. :(
Take Care
Sharryn :)

Anonymous said...

WOW what a brave little guy. They bounce back so easily and quickly don't they. What would take us days/weeks to get over they are back to normal in hours or the next day!!!
Thank goodness I guess or us mothers would be a mess...

You are very brave too!

Great catching up.

Sandi :)

memememememe said...

Oh, Sam you did so well. I would have been a right mess. You were all so very brave.

Tell me all about the massive dentist bills!! They certainly know how to a big hole in the cash.

The LO looks gorgeous. I love that photo and the colours are perfect.

Tammy said...

Wow Sam that bill hurts almost as much ( if not more ) than the physical and mental trauma you guys have been through.

Kylie said...

*picks you up from feinting*
*makes u pat me on the back*

thats better....

he hehhe..

sorry i've been such a bad blogger. I *Read* but just don't comment! Slackslackslack. Love that layout, and poor lil Brad I hope he is 110% after the op!

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...