Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Easter

Well Easter has come and gone for another year.
We headed off to SA to stay with mum and dad around 430am on Thursday morning, all was going well, kids woke up so we decided to stop at Ararat for breakfast around 8am, headed off and passed through Horsham, but about 5 minutes out of Horsham Sian was sick :( so we turned back around and went to a chemist in Horsham and picked up some travel sickness medicine for her and we were away again, only to stop 30 minutes later so that Brad could go to the toilet. While stopped I checked Sian's temp as she seemed a little grizzly and lethargic. Sure enough she had a temp of 39 :( We gave her some panadol and set off again. The rest of the trip went relatively smoothly and we got to mum & dad's in about 10 1/2 hours which is not really that much longer than normal.
The kids had a ball with their cousins and Sian has learned to say 'Charli' and 'Kara' (Charlotte and Kiara) very well. She is becoming a lot clearer and has learned a lot more words in the last 2 weeks.
I worked at the speedway with mum on Saturday and Sunday nights, which wasn't too bad, kept me active and helped with petrol money.
I made Easter baskets with the kids on Saturday for the first time. It was fun and Brad came running in on Sunday morning all excited, It was great. This is always what we did as kids rather than an Easter egg hunt. It is so cool to see their excitement. I can't wait to see Brad's face the first time the tooth fairy comes to him LOL he already is telling me his tooth is loose (even though it isn't)!! Not sure who has told him about the tooth fairy, but he knows lol!
Anyway. Monday came around way too fast and after a huge dinner (mum is awesome!!) we set off. I think we had reached the border before I had stopped blubbering. I spoke to Gareth about moving back to Adelaide as I am struggling to cope so far away from mum and dad... but it only took me 10 minutes to realize it won't happen. Unfortunately the type of work Gareth does is just not available in SA. I feel a bit better today, but as much as I love Melbourne and my friends here I just wish there was a way we could move back. I just feel like I am wasting time that I could be spending with my parents and the kids could be getting to know them better. I don't think it has helped that Brad didn't want to leave and already is saying I want to go to Nana and Grandad's I miss them mummy! I have my family and I love them very much don't get me wrong, but I really miss my other family so much. Not getting to know my nieces and nephews as much as I would like. I haven't seen my nephews since Christmas and am not likely to see them again now until at least October :(
My nieces are totally adorable and my 2 just get along with them so well.
Brad has been so not himself today, he is just being so cantankerous and sooky, I am not sure why, but it makes me a little sad as he just seems so sad. (gosh I am really having a whingy post day huh!)
Back to the gym tomorrow and back into some hard work and losing weight. I think I have put some back on over Easter and really want to work hard now at getting it and some more back off before mum and dad visit later this year. (a heap before my birthday would be great too :-D )
No motivation whatsoever to scrap. Really not interested at the moment and that's not a good thing as I have a CJ and some monograms and a Altered Journal to do before the end of the month!
Well I think it's almost time I thought about bed, been so tired lately, maybe getting back to the gym will help with this a little.

nighty night don't let the bed bugs bite!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had fun over Easter.

Good luck at the gym, your doing well keeping motivated about staying healthy and loosing weight. Good on you. Have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for Taurus chicks!
Good luck at the gym.

Ive been to the doc this morning and am now in a sling!!!! Good birthday pressie huh lol.

Am having Gym withdralwls - I can still go walk on the treadmill though cant I Sam??

Good luck at the gym - how many more days till your birthday now?
33 1/3

Sharryn Thomson said...

Glad to hear you spent a lovely Easter with the family. You poor thing though..I can sympathise with you about kids and car sickness..isn't it the pits??
Cheers
Sharryn :)

BethJ said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip Sam!

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...