Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Darling Hubby





My gorgeous hubby Gareth turned 40 on Thursday and the celebrations have been going on since then pretty much! Back in June this year he received his main present... that being a 46" LCD television for the back room. But on Thursday we gave him the new Terry Pratchett book and a beer glass/stein with 40th on it.

Thanks to our friend Kerryn for watching Sian for us so that we could go and have some time together, we went for breakfast and then did some shopping before, collecting Sian and coming home for a chill out and then a curry for dinner.
On Friday night we went to another friend's house for a yuummy roast dinner and more celebrations.

Today was the real party day though and we had friends over for a BBQ dinner.... A really great day was had by all.



The cake was a delicious Cappacino Mud Cake ... it was funny ... when I ordered it I asked for no flower, but chocolate curls instead ... well when it arrived there was a flower on it, but there was also a box the same size as the cake box full of chocolate curls!! The funny thing is that the chocolate curls only cost $3.40 and there would easily be a couple family sized blocks there I think.

4 comments:

mel.lee said...

Happy birthday Gareth, glad you both had a nice morning and are enjoying time with your friends.
mel.lee:-)

Petrina McDonald said...

oh I am just dreaming of putting my head in that box of chocolate curls!!! Happy Birthday Gareth!

Bree said...

Hi Sam

Just dropped in from Bons via Charms list!! Love your blogging!
The chocolate curls sound to die for :)

Charmane said...

Hey Sam - LOVE all those great photos!!!
Happy Birthday to hubby too :)

Love Charmane

Intention Inspired - Day 1

TODAY'S WORDS OF AFFIRMATION I am inspired because I can feel a flame inside me pulling me to create more and live life more fully. ...